Grafana Enterprise Metrics is available as a pre-compiled binary, a Docker image, as well as via common OS-specific packaging. For a list of available download options, refer to the downloads page.
Get a GEM license
A valid Grafana Enterprise Metrics license token is required to run GEM’s many added features. Without a valid license token, not all of GEM’s added features will run. However, GEM will still run with all of the functionality of an open-source Cortex binary.
If you already have a license for GEM:
- From https://grafana.com, select Login.
- From the left-hand menu, select Licenses to download the license token.
If you do not yet have a license token to run GEM, contact a Grafana Labs representative.
Choose a name for your GEM cluster
GEM licenses are issued on a per-cluster basis. Each cluster of GEM that you plan to deploy requires a unique license. When we issue a GEM license, we must have a unique cluster name with which to associate the license.
A cluster name must meet the following criteria:
- is 3 to 63 characters long
- contains lowercase letters, numbers, underscores (_), or hyphens (-)
- begins with a letter or number
- ends with a letter or number
Deploy your GEM cluster
After you have a Grafana GEM license with an associated cluster name, choose a deployment method to deploy your GEM cluster: