This is documentation for the next version of Loki. For the latest stable release, go to the latest version.
Promtail pipeline stages
This section is a collection of all stages Promtail supports in a Pipeline.
- docker: Extract data by parsing the log line using the standard Docker format.
- cri: Extract data by parsing the log line using the standard CRI format.
- regex: Extract data using a regular expression.
- json: Extract data by parsing the log line as JSON.
- logfmt: Extract data by parsing the log line as logfmt.
- replace: Replace data using a regular expression.
- multiline: Merge multiple lines into a multiline block.
- geoip: Extract geoip data from extracted labels.
- template: Use Go templates to modify extracted data.
- pack: Packs a log line in a JSON object allowing extracted values and labels to be placed inside the log line.
- decolorize: Strips ANSI color sequences from the log line.
- timestamp: Set the timestamp value for the log entry.
- output: Set the log line text.
- labeldrop: Drop label set for the log entry.
- labelallow: Allow label set for the log entry.
- labels: Update the label set for the log entry.
- limit: Limit the rate lines will be sent to Loki.
- sampling: Sampling the lines will be sent to Loki.
- static_labels: Add static-labels to the log entry.
- metrics: Calculate metrics based on extracted data.
- tenant: Set the tenant ID value to use for the log entry.
- structured_metadata: Add structured metadata to the log entry.
Was this page helpful?
Related resources from Grafana Labs
Additional helpful documentation, links, and articles:
Getting started with logging and Grafana Loki
See a demo of the updated features in Loki, and how to create metrics from logs and alert on your logs with powerful Prometheus-style alerting rules.
Essential Grafana Loki configuration settings
This webinar focuses on Grafana Loki configuration including agents Promtail and Docker; the Loki server; and Loki storage for popular backends.
Scaling and securing your logs with Grafana Loki
This webinar covers the challenges of scaling and securing logs, and how Grafana Enterprise Logs powered by Grafana Loki can help, cost-effectively.