Instructions for different methods of installing Loki and Promtail.
- Install using Tanka (recommended)
- Install through Helm
- Install through Docker or Docker Compose
- Install and run locally
- Install from source
In order to run Loki, you must:
- Download and install both Loki and Promtail.
- Download config files for both programs.
- Start Loki.
- Update the Promtail config file to get your logs into Loki.
- Start Promtail.
Related Loki video resources
Logging with Loki: Essential configuration settings
This webinar focuses on Loki configuration, picking up where we left off at the end of the Intro to Loki webinar.