Instructions for different methods of installing Loki and Promtail.
- Install using Tanka (recommended)
- Microservices deployment with Helm
- Simple scalable deployment with Helm
- Install through Docker or Docker Compose
- Install and run locally
- Install from source
In order to run Loki, you must:
- Download and install both Loki and Promtail.
- Download config files for both programs.
- Start Loki.
- Update the Promtail config file to get your logs into Loki.
- Start Promtail.
Related Loki resources
Getting started with logging and Grafana Loki (Part 3 of 4)
Join this webinar to learn why correlating metrics and logs is critical across the development lifecycle, and how Loki helps reduce logging costs and operations overhead.
Logging with Loki: Essential configuration settings
This webinar focuses on Grafana Loki configuration including agents Promtail and Docker; the Loki server; and Loki storage for popular backends.