Instructions for different methods of installing Loki and Promtail.
- Install using Tanka (recommended)
- Microservices deployment with Helm
- Simple scalable deployment with Helm
- Install through Docker or Docker Compose
- Install and run locally
- Install from source
In order to run Loki, you must:
- Download and install both Loki and Promtail.
- Download config files for both programs.
- Start Loki.
- Update the Promtail config file to get your logs into Loki.
- Start Promtail.
Related Loki resources
Getting started with logging and Grafana Loki (APAC timezone)
Join this webinar to learn why correlating metrics and logs is critical across the development lifecycle, and how Loki helps reduce logging costs and operations overhead.
Logging with Loki: Essential configuration settings
This webinar focuses on Grafana Loki configuration including agents Promtail and Docker; the Loki server; and Loki storage for popular backends.