Loki in Grafana
- Log into your Grafana instance. If this is your first time running
Grafana, the username and password are both defaulted to
- In Grafana, go to
Data Sourcesvia the cog icon on the left sidebar.
- Click the big + Add data source button.
- Choose Loki from the list.
- The http URL field should be the address of your Loki server. For example,
when running locally or with Docker using port mapping, the address is
http://localhost:3100. When running with docker-compose or Kubernetes, the address is likely
- To see the logs, click Explore on the sidebar, select the Loki datasource in the top-left dropdown, and then choose a log stream using the Log labels button.
Read more about Grafana’s Explore feature in the Grafana documentation and on how to search and filter for logs with Loki.
To configure the datasource via provisioning, see Configuring Grafana via Provisioning in the Grafana documentation and make sure to adjust the URL similarly as shown above.