This section is a collection of all stages Promtail supports in a Pipeline.
- docker: Extract data by parsing the log line using the standard Docker format.
- cri: Extract data by parsing the log line using the standard CRI format.
- regex: Extract data using a regular expression.
- json: Extract data by parsing the log line as JSON.
- replace: Replace data using a regular expression.
- multiline: Merge multiple lines into a multiline block.
- template: Use Go templates to modify extracted data.
- pack: Packs a log line in a JSON object allowing extracted values and labels to be placed inside the log line.
- timestamp: Set the timestamp value for the log entry.
- output: Set the log line text.
- labeldrop: Drop label set for the log entry.
- labelallow: Allow label set for the log entry.
- labels: Update the label set for the log entry.
- static_labels: Add static-labels to the log entry.
- metrics: Calculate metrics based on extracted data.
- tenant: Set the tenant ID value to use for the log entry.
Related Loki resources
Getting started with logging and Grafana Loki (APAC timezone)
Join this webinar to learn why correlating metrics and logs is critical across the development lifecycle, and how Loki helps reduce logging costs and operations overhead.
Logging with Loki: Essential configuration settings
This webinar focuses on Grafana Loki configuration including agents Promtail and Docker; the Loki server; and Loki storage for popular backends.