This section is a collection of all stages Promtail supports in a Pipeline.
- docker: Extract data by parsing the log line using the standard Docker format.
- cri: Extract data by parsing the log line using the standard CRI format.
- regex: Extract data using a regular expression.
- json: Extract data by parsing the log line as JSON.
- replace: Replace data using a regular expression.
- template: Use Go templates to modify extracted data.
- pack: Packs a log line in a JSON object allowing extracted values and labels to be placed inside the log line.
- timestamp: Set the timestamp value for the log entry.
- output: Set the log line text.
- labeldrop: Drop label set for the log entry.
- labelallow: Allow label set for the log entry.
- labels: Update the label set for the log entry.
- metrics: Calculate metrics based on extracted data.
- tenant: Set the tenant ID value to use for the log entry.
Related Loki resources
Be the first to learn about exciting next-generation features in Grafana 8.0, be inspired by what community members are building, and attend expert-led sessions and workshops on Grafana, Prometheus, Loki logs, and more.
Logging with Loki: Essential configuration settings
This webinar focuses on Loki configuration, picking up where we left off at the end of the Intro to Loki webinar.