Grafana Mimir Helm chart version 4.3 release notes
Grafana Labs is excited to announce version 4.3 of the Grafana Mimir Helm chart, which is compatible with Grafana Mimir v2.7 or Grafana Enterprise Metrics (GEM) v2.7. The
mimir-distributed Helm chart is the best way to install Mimir on Kubernetes.
The highlights that follow include the top features, enhancements, and bugfixes in this release. For a comprehensive list of changes, see the Helm chart changelog.
Note: If you are upgrading from a previous major version, review the changelog entry for all the major releases since then and perform the necessary migrations.
- The ruler deployment max surge was changed from
50%, and max unavailable from
Features and enhancements
Notable enhancements are as follows:
- nginx autoscaling Support autoscaling/v2 HorizontalPodAutoscaler for nginx autoscaling starting with Kubernetes 1.23.
- Default pod security context
Set default pod security context under
rbac.podSecurityContextfor easier install on OpenShift.
- Cache support for GEM’s admin bucket
The cache will be enabled by default when you use the small.yaml, large.yaml, capped-small.yaml
or capped-large.yaml Helm values file.
Note: For more information, refer to the Grafana Enterprise Metrics configuration.
- PR 4299: Allow override of Kubernetes version for nginx HPA.
- PR 4353: Do not generate query-frontend-headless service if query scheduler is enabled. Fixes parity with jsonnet.
- PR 4126: Apply
clusterLabelto ServiceMonitors for kube-state-metrics, kubelet, and cadvisor.
- PR 4392: Add http port in distributor headless service. Fixes parity with jsonnet.
- PR 4272: Generate the pod security context on the pod level in graphite web deployment, instead of on container level.
- PR 4485: Fix kube-state-metrics metricRelabelings dropping pods and deployments.
- PR 4407: Allow for single extraArg flags in templated memcached args.
- PR 4803: Updated Go version in Mimir and GEM images to 1.20.3 to fix CVE-2023-24538.