What’s new in Grafana v4.1
- Graph: Support for shared tooltip on all graphs as you hover over one graph. #1578, #6274
- Victorops: Add VictorOps notification integration #6411, thx @ichekrygin
- Opsgenie: Add OpsGenie notification integratiion #6687, thx @kylemcc
- Cloudwatch: Make it possible to specify access and secret key on the data source config page #6697
- Elasticsearch: Added support for Elasticsearch 5.x #5740, thx @lpic10
- Panel: Added help text for panels. #4079, thx @utkarshcmu
- Full changelog
Showing the tooltip on all panels at the same time has been a long standing request in Grafana and we are really happy to finally be able to release it. You can enable/disable the shared tooltip from the dashboard settings menu or cycle between default, shared tooltip and shared crosshair by pressing Ctrl/Cmd+O.
Help text for panel
You can set a help text in the general tab on any panel. The help text is using Markdown to enable better formatting and linking to other sites that can provide more information.
Panels with a help text available have a little indicator in the top left corner. You can show the help text by hovering the icon.
Easier Cloudwatch configuration
In Grafana 4.1.0 you can configure your Cloudwatch data source with
access key and
secret key directly in the data source configuration page. This enables people to use the Cloudwatch data source without having access to the filesystem where Grafana is running.
access key and
secret key have been saved the user will no longer be able to view them.
Upgrade and Breaking changes
Elasticsearch 1.x is no longer supported. Please upgrade to Elasticsearch 2.x or 5.x. Otherwise Grafana 4.1.0 contains no breaking changes.
Checkout the CHANGELOG.md file for a complete list of new features, changes, and bug fixes.
Head to v4.1 download page for download links and instructions.
A big thanks to all the Grafana users who contribute by submitting PRs, bug reports and feedback!