Important: This documentation is about an older version. It's relevant only to the release noted, many of the features and functions have been updated or replaced. Please view the current version.
Map a special value
Map a special value when you want to format uncommon, boolean, or empty values.
Before you begin
To map a special value:
- Edit the panel for which you want to map a special value.
- In panel display options, locate the Value mappings section and click Add value mappings.
- Click Add a new mapping and then select Special.
- Select the special value for Grafana to match. Options include:
- NaN (Not a Number)
- Null + NaN
- (Optional) Enter display text.
- (Optional) Set the color.
- Click Update to save the value mapping.