Important: This documentation is about an older version. It's relevant only to the release noted, many of the features and functions have been updated or replaced. Please view the current version.
Map a regular expression
Map a regular expression when you want to format the text and color of a regular expression value.
Before you begin
To map a regular expression:
- Edit the panel for which you want to map a regular expression.
- In the panel display options, in the Value mappings section, click Add value mappings.
- Click Add a new mapping and then select Regex.
- Enter the regular expression pattern for Grafana to match.
- (Optional) Enter display text.
- (Optional) Set the color.
- Click Update to save the value mapping.