Important: This documentation is about an older version. It's relevant only to the release noted, many of the features and functions have been updated or replaced. Please view the current version.
Alert groups show grouped alerts from an Alertmanager instance. By default, the alerts are grouped by the label keys for the root policy in notification policies. Grouping common alerts into a single alert group prevents duplicate alerts from being fired.
View alert groupings
- In the Grafana menu, click the Alerting (bell) icon to open the Alerting page listing existing alerts.
- Click Alert grouping to open the page listing existing groups.
- From the Alertmanager drop-down, select an external Alertmanager as your data source. By default, the
GrafanaAlertmanager is selected.
- From custom group by drop-down, select a combination of labels to view a grouping other than the default. This is useful for debugging and verifying your grouping of notification policies.
If an alert does not contain labels specified either in the grouping of the root policy or the custom grouping, then the alert is added to a catch all group with a header of
You can use the following filters to view alerts that match specific criteria:
- Search by label: In Search, enter an existing label to view alerts matching the label. For example,
- Filter alerts by state: In States, select from Active, Suppressed, or Unprocessed states to view alerts matching your selected state. All other alerts are hidden.