This is documentation for the next version of Grafana. For the latest stable release, go to the latest version.
Create a message template
You can use message templates to customize notification messages for the contact point types.
To create a message tempplate:
- In the Grafana menu, click the Alerting (bell) icon to open the Alerting page listing existing alerts.
- In the Alerting page, click Contact points to open the page listing existing contact points.
- From Alertmanager drop-down, select an external Alertmanager to create and manage templates for the external data source. Otherwise, keep the default option of Grafana.
- Click Add template.
- In Name, add a descriptive name.
- In Content, add the content of the template.
- Click Save template button at the bottom of the page.
define tag in the Content section assigns the template name. This tag is optional, and when omitted, the template name is derived from the Name field. When both are specified, it is a best practice to ensure that they are the same.
Related Grafana resources
Unify your data with Grafana plugins: Splunk, MongoDB, Datadog, and more
Show how Grafana can be used to take data from multiple different sources and unify it, without disrupting the investments that are working today.
Getting started with Grafana Enterprise and observability
Join the Grafana Labs team for a 30-minute demo of how to get started with the Grafana Stack, so you can go from zero to observability in just a few minutes.