The pie chart displays reduced series, or values in a series, from one or more queries, as they relate to each other, in the form of slices of a pie. The arc length, area and central angle of a slice are all proportional to the slices value, as it relates to the sum of all values. This type of chart is best used when you want a quick comparison of a small set of values in an aesthetically pleasing form.
Use the following options to refine the value in your visualization.
Choose how much information to show.
- Calculate - Reduces each value to a single value per series.
- All values - Displays every value from a single series.
Select a calculation to reduce each series when Calculate has been selected. For information about available calculations, refer to the Calculation list.
When displaying every value from a single series, this limits the number of values displayed.
Select which field or fields to display in the visualization. Each field name is available on the list, or you can select one of the following options:
- Numeric fields - All fields with numerical values.
- All fields - All fields that are not removed by transformations.
- Time - All fields with time values.
Pie chart options
Use these options to refine how your visualization looks.
Pie chart type
Select the pie chart display style.
Select labels to display on the pie chart. You can select more than one.
- Name - The series or field name.
- Percent - The percentage of the whole.
- Value - The raw numerical value.
Labels are displayed in white over the body of the chart. You might need to select darker chart colors to make them more visible. Long names or numbers might be clipped.
The following example shows a pie chart with Name and Percent labels displayed.
When you hover your cursor over the visualization, Grafana can display tooltips. Choose how tooltips behave.
- Single - The hover tooltip shows only a single series, the one that you are hovering over on the visualization.
- All - The hover tooltip shows all series in the visualization. Grafana highlights the series that you are hovering over in bold in the series list in the tooltip.
- Hidden - Do not display the tooltip when you interact with the visualization.
Note: Use an override to hide individual series from the tooltip.
Use these settings to refine how the legend appears in your visualization.
- List - Displays the legend as a list. This is a default display mode of the legend.
- Table - Displays the legend as a table.
- Hidden - Hides the legend.
Choose where to display the legend.
- Bottom - Below the graph.
- Right - To the right of the graph.
Select values to display in the legend. You can select more than one.
Percent - The percentage of the whole. Value - The raw numerical value.
Related Grafana resources
Unify your data with Grafana plugins: Splunk, MongoDB, Datadog, and more
Show how Grafana can be used to take data from multiple different sources and unify it, without disrupting the investments that are working today.
Getting started with Grafana Enterprise and observability
Join the Grafana Labs team for a 30-minute demo of how to get started with the Grafana Stack, so you can go from zero to observability in just a few minutes.