Grafana Cloud Enterprise Open source
Release notes for Grafana 8.2.0
Features and enhancements
- AWS: Updated AWS authentication documentation. #39236, @sunker
- Alerting: Added support Alertmanager data source for upstream Prometheus AM implementation. #39775, @domasx2
- Alerting: Allows more characters in label names so notifications are sent. #38629, @gotjosh
- Alerting: Get alert rules for a dashboard or a panel using /api/v1/rules endpoints. #39476, @gerobinson
- Annotations: Improved rendering performance of event markers. #39984, @torkelo
- CloudWatch Logs: Skip caching for log queries. #39860, @aocenas
- Explore: Added an opt-in configuration for Node Graph in Jaeger, Zipkin, and Tempo. #39958, @connorlindsey
- Packaging: Add stricter systemd unit options. #38109, @erdnaxe
- Prometheus: Metrics browser can now handle label values with special characters. #39713, @gabor
- CodeEditor: Ensure that we trigger the latest onSave callback provided to the component. #39835, @mckn
- DashboardList/AlertList: Fix for missing All folder value. #39772, @hugohaggmark
Potential failure to start in Ubuntu 18.04 / Debian 9 / CentOS
- In Grafana v8.2.0, this change can prevent the
grafana-serverservice from starting on older versions of systemd, present on Ubuntu 18.04 and slightly older versions of Debian. If running one of those versions, please wait until v8.2.1 is released before upgrading. If you still want to upgrade or have already ugpraded, a simple fix is available here: https://github.com/grafana/grafana/issues/40162#issuecomment-938060240 Issue #38109
Plugin development fixes & changes
Was this page helpful?
Related resources from Grafana Labs
Additional helpful documentation, links, and articles:
Getting started with the Grafana LGTM Stack
In this webinar, we’ll demo how to get started using the LGTM Stack: Loki for logs, Grafana for visualization, Tempo for traces, and Mimir for metrics.
Getting started with Grafana dashboard design
In this webinar, you'll learn how to design stylish and easily accessible Grafana dashboards that tell a story.
Unify your data with Grafana plugins: Datadog, Splunk, MongoDB, and more
In this webinar, learn how to leverage Grafana's plugin ecosystem for access to 80+ data sources, including plugins for Datadog, Splunk, MongoDB, and more.