Time series panel
Note: This is a beta feature. Time series panel is going to replace the Graph panel in the future releases.
Time series panel is a robust visualization to plot time series data. It can render as a line, a path of dots, or a series of bars. This type of graph is versatile enough to display almost any time-series data.
For Time series panel examples, refer to the Grafana Play dashboard New Features in v7.4.
Data and field options
Time series visualizations allow you to apply:
You can also use field options to create different types of graphs or adjust your axes:
- Graph time series as lines
- Graph time series as bars
- Graph time series as points
- Change axis display
Note: You can migrate Graph panel visualizations to Time series visualizations. To migrate, on the Panel tab, click Time series visualization. Grafana transfers all applicable settings. (While in beta, migration is still being refined. It will get better as time goes on!)
When you hover your cursor over the graph, Grafana can display tooltips. Choose how tooltips behave.
- Single - The hover tooltip shows only a single series, the one that you are hovering over on the graph.
- All - The hover tooltip shows all series in the graph. Grafana highlights the series that you are hovering over in bold in the series list in the tooltip.
- Hidden - Do not display the tooltip when you interact with the graph.
Note: Use an override to hide individual series from the tooltip.
Use these settings to refine how the legend appears in your visualization.
- List - Displays the legend as a list. This is a default display mode of the legend.
- Table - Displays the legend as a table.
- Hidden - Hides the legend.
Choose where to display the legend.
- Bottom - Below the graph.
- Right - To the right of the graph.
Choose which of the standard calculations to show in the legend. You can have more than one.
Related Grafana video resources
All about Grafana plugins: Visualizing disparate data sources in one place
Grafana Enterprise plugins are integrations with other commercial monitoring tools (such as Datadog, Splunk, New Relic, ServiceNow, Oracle, and Dynatrace) that are created, maintained, and supported by the Grafana Labs team.
Demo: Getting started with Grafana Enterprise and observability
Join the Grafana Labs team for a 30-minute demo of how to get started with the Grafana Stack, so you can go from zero to observability in just a few minutes.