Note: Time series panel visualization is going to replace the Graph panel visualization in a future release.
Time series panel is a robust visualization to plot time series data. It can render as a line, a path of dots, or a series of bars. This type of graph is versatile enough to display almost any time-series data.
For Time series panel examples, refer to the Grafana Play dashboard New Features in v7.4.
Note: You can migrate Graph panel visualizations to Time series visualizations. To migrate, open the panel and then select the Time series visualization. Grafana transfers all applicable settings.
Common time series options
These options are available whether you are graphing your time series as lines, bars, or points.
When you hover your cursor over the visualization, Grafana can display tooltips. Choose how tooltips behave.
- Single - The hover tooltip shows only a single series, the one that you are hovering over on the visualization.
- All - The hover tooltip shows all series in the visualization. Grafana highlights the series that you are hovering over in bold in the series list in the tooltip.
- Hidden - Do not display the tooltip when you interact with the visualization.
Note: Use an override to hide individual series from the tooltip.
Use these settings to refine how the legend appears in your visualization.
- List - Displays the legend as a list. This is a default display mode of the legend.
- Table - Displays the legend as a table.
- Hidden - Hides the legend.
Choose where to display the legend.
- Bottom - Below the graph.
- Right - To the right of the graph.
Choose which of the standard calculations to show in the legend. You can have more than one.
Use these options to choose how to display your time series data.
- Graph time series as lines
- Graph time series as bars
- Graph time series as points
- Graph stacked time series
For more information about adjusting your time series axes, refer to Change axis display.
Related Grafana resources
Unify your data with Grafana plugins: Splunk, MongoDB, Datadog, and more
Show how Grafana can be used to take data from multiple different sources and unify it, without disrupting the investments that are working today.
Demo: Getting started with Grafana Enterprise and observability
Join the Grafana Labs team for a 30-minute demo of how to get started with the Grafana Stack, so you can go from zero to observability in just a few minutes.