Pie chart v2 panel
Note: This documentation refers to a beta feature.
The pie chart displays reduced series, or values in a series, from one or more queries, as they relate to each other, in the form of slices of a pie. The arc length, area and central angle of a slice are all proportional to the slices value, as it relates to the sum of all values. This type of chart is best used when you want a quick comparison of a small set of values in an aesthetically pleasing form.
Data and field options
Time series visualizations allow you to apply:
Use the following options to refine your visualization:
Choose how much information to show.
- Calculate - Reduces each value to a single value per series.
- All values - Displays every value from a single series.
Select a calculation to reduce each series when Calculate has been selected. For information about available calculations, refer to the Calculation list.
When displaying every value from a single series, this limits the number of values displayed.
Select which field or fields to display in the visualization.
- Numeric fields - All fields with numerical values.
- All fields - All fields that are not removed by transformations.
- Time - All fields with time values.
-Each field name is available in the list.
Pie chart type
Select the pie chart display style.
Select labels to display on the pie chart. You can select more than one.
- Name - The series or field name.
- Percent - The percentage of the whole.
- Value - The raw numerical value.
Labels are displayed in white over the body of the chart. You might need to select darker chart colors to make them more visible. Long names or numbers might be clipped.
The following example shows a pie chart with Name and Percent labels displayed.
Use these settings to refine how the legend appears in your visualization.
- List - Displays the legend as a list. This is a default display mode of the legend.
- Table - Displays the legend as a table.
- Hidden - Hides the legend.
Choose where to display the legend.
- Bottom - Below the graph.
- Right - To the right of the graph.
Select values to display in the legend. You can select more than one.
Percent - The percentage of the whole. Value - The raw numerical value.
Related Grafana video resources
All about Grafana plugins: Visualizing disparate data sources in one place
Grafana Enterprise plugins are integrations with other commercial monitoring tools (such as Datadog, Splunk, New Relic, ServiceNow, Oracle, and Dynatrace) that are created, maintained, and supported by the Grafana Labs team.
Demo: Getting started with Grafana enterprise and observability
Join the Grafana Labs team for a 30-minute demo of how to get started with the Grafana Stack, so you can go from zero to observability in just a few minutes.