Map a regular expression
Map a regular expression when you want to format the text and color of a regular expression value.
Before you begin
To map a regular expression:
- Edit the panel for which you want to map a regular expression.
- In the panel display options, in the Value mappings section, click Add value mappings.
- Click Add a new mapping and then select Regex.
- Enter the regular expression pattern for Grafana to match.
- (Optional) Enter display text.
- (Optional) Set the color.
- Click Update to save the value mapping.
Related Grafana resources
Unify your data with Grafana plugins: Splunk, MongoDB, Datadog, and more
Show how Grafana can be used to take data from multiple different sources and unify it, without disrupting the investments that are working today.
Getting started with Grafana Enterprise and observability
Join the Grafana Labs team for a 30-minute demo of how to get started with the Grafana Stack, so you can go from zero to observability in just a few minutes.