Configure all fields
To change how all fields display data, you can change an option in the Field tab. In the Overrides tab, you can then override the field options for specific fields.
For example, you could change the number of decimal places shown in all fields by changing the Decimals option. For more information about options, refer to:
- Standard options, apply to all visualizations that allow transformations.
- Table field options, which only apply to table panel visualizations.
Change a field option
You can change as many options as you want to.
- Navigate to the panel you want to edit, click the panel title, and then click Edit.
- Click the Field tab.
- Find the option you want to change. You can define:
- Add options by adding values in the fields. To return options to default values, delete the white text in the fields.
- When finished, click Save to save all panel edits to the dashboard.
Field option example
Let’s assume that our result set is a data frame that consists of two fields: time and temperature.
Each field (column) of this structure can have field options applied that alter the way its values are displayed. This means that you can, for example, set the Unit to Temperature > Celsius, resulting in the following table:
|2020-01-02 03:04:00||45.0 °C|
|2020-01-02 03:05:00||47.0 °C|
|2020-01-02 03:06:00||48.0 °C|
While we’re at it, the decimal place doesn’t add anything to this display. You can change the Decimals from
auto to zero (
0), resulting in the following table:
|2020-01-02 03:04:00||45 °C|
|2020-01-02 03:05:00||47 °C|
|2020-01-02 03:06:00||48 °C|
Related Grafana resources
GrafanaCONline 2021 is coming June 7-17
Be the first to learn about exciting next-generation features in Grafana 8.0, be inspired by what community members are building, and attend expert-led sessions and workshops on Grafana, Prometheus, Loki logs, and more.
Unify your data with Grafana plugins: Splunk, MongoDB, Datadog, and more
Show how Grafana can be used to take data from multiple different sources and unify it, without disrupting the investments that are working today.
Demo: Getting started with Grafana Enterprise and observability
Join the Grafana Labs team for a 30-minute demo of how to get started with the Grafana Stack, so you can go from zero to observability in just a few minutes.