Install on macOS
This page provides instructions to help you install Grafana on macOS.
Note on upgrading: While the process for upgrading Grafana is very similar to installing Grafana, there are some key backup steps you should perform. Read Upgrading Grafana for tips and guidance on updating an existing installation.
1. Download and install
Before you begin, you must have Homebrew installed.
- On the Grafana download page, select the Grafana version you want to install.
- The most recent Grafana version is selected by default.
- The Version field displays only finished releases. If you want to install a beta version, click Nightly Builds and then select a version.
- Select an Edition.
- Open Source - Functionally identical to the enterprise version, but you will need to download the enterprise version if you want enterprise features.
- Enterprise - Not currently available for Mac.
- Click Mac.
- Copy and paste the code from the installation page into your command line and run. It follows the pattern shown below.
brew update brew install grafana
2. Start Grafana
Start Grafana using Homebrew services:
brew services start grafana
Upgrade with Homebrew
To upgrade Grafana, use the reinstall command:
brew update brew reinstall grafana