Manage team role assignments
There are two ways to assign roles directly to teams: in the UI using the role picker, and using the API.
Manage teams' roles within a specific Organization using the role picker
In order to assign roles to a team within a specific Organization using the role picker, you must have an account with one of the following:
- The Admin built-in role.
- The Server Admin role.
- The fixed role
fixed:roles:writer, assigned for the given Organization.
- A custom role with
You must also have the permissions granted by the roles that you want to assign or revoke.
- Navigate to the Teams page by hovering over Configuration (the gear icon) in the left navigation menu and selecting Teams.
- Click on the Roles column in the row for the team whose roles you would like to edit.
- Deselect one or more selected roles that you would like to remove from that team.
- Select one or more roles that you would like to assign to that team.
- Click the Update button to apply the selected roles to that team.
The team’s permissions will update immediately, and the UI will reflect its new permissions.
Manage teams' roles via API
To manage team role assignments via API, refer to the fine-grained access control HTTP API docs.
Related Grafana resources
Unify your data with Grafana plugins: Splunk, MongoDB, Datadog, and more
Show how Grafana can be used to take data from multiple different sources and unify it, without disrupting the investments that are working today.
Getting started with Grafana Enterprise and observability
Join the Grafana Labs team for a 30-minute demo of how to get started with the Grafana Stack, so you can go from zero to observability in just a few minutes.