Create a silence
Silences stop notifications from getting created and last for only a specified window of time.
To add a silence:
- In the Grafana menu, click the Alerting (bell) icon to open the Alerting page listing existing alerts.
- On the Alerting page, click Silences to open the page listing existing contact points.
- From Alertmanager drop-down, select an external Alertmanager to create and manage silences for the external data source. Otherwise, keep the default option of Grafana.
- Click New Silence to open the Create silence page.
- In Silence start and end, select the start and end date to indicate when the silence should go into effect and expire.
- Optionally, in Duration, specify how long the silence is enforced. This automatically updates the end time in the Silence start and end field.
- In the Name and Value fields, enter one or more Matching Labels. Matchers determine which rules the silence will apply to. For more information, see how label matching works.
- In Comment, add details about the silence.
- In Creator, enter the name of the silence owner or keep the default owner.
- Click Create.
Related Grafana resources
Unify your data with Grafana plugins: Splunk, MongoDB, Datadog, and more
Show how Grafana can be used to take data from multiple different sources and unify it, without disrupting the investments that are working today.
Getting started with Grafana Enterprise and observability
Join the Grafana Labs team for a 30-minute demo of how to get started with the Grafana Stack, so you can go from zero to observability in just a few minutes.