Test a contact point
For Grafana managed contact points, you can send a test notification which helps verify a contact point is configured correctly.
To send a test notification:
- In the Grafana side bar, hover your cursor over the Alerting (bell) icon and then click Contact points.
- Find the contact point to test, then click Edit (pen icon). You can also create a new contact point if needed.
- Click Test (paper airplane icon) to open the contact point testing modal.
- Choose whether to send a predefined test notification or choose custom to add your own custom annotations and labels to include in the notification.
- Click Send test notification to fire the alert.
Related Grafana resources
Unify your data with Grafana plugins: Datadog, Splunk, MongoDB, and more
In this webinar, learn how to leverage Grafana's plugin ecosystem for access to 80+ data sources, including plugins for Datadog, Splunk, MongoDB, and more.
Getting started with Grafana Enterprise and observability
Join the Grafana Labs team for a 30-minute demo of how to get started with the Grafana Stack, so you can go from zero to observability in just a few minutes.