Test a contact point
For Grafana managed contact points, you can send a test notification which helps verify a contact point is configured correctly.
To send a test notification:
- In the Grafana side bar, hover your cursor over the Alerting (bell) icon and then click Contact points.
- Find the contact point to test, then click Edit (pen icon). You can also create a new contact point if needed.
- Click Test (paper airplane icon) to open the contact point testing modal.
- Choose whether to send a predefined test notification or choose custom to add your own custom annotations and labels to include in the notification.
- Click Send test notification to fire the alert.
Related Grafana resources
Unify your data with Grafana plugins: Splunk, MongoDB, Datadog, and more
Show how Grafana can be used to take data from multiple different sources and unify it, without disrupting the investments that are working today.
Getting started with Grafana Enterprise and observability
Join the Grafana Labs team for a 30-minute demo of how to get started with the Grafana Stack, so you can go from zero to observability in just a few minutes.