Edit Alertmanager global config
To edit global configuration options for an external Alertmanager, like SMTP server, that is used by default for all email contact types:
- In the Alerting page, click Contact points to open the page listing existing contact points.
- From the Alertmanager drop-down, select an external Alertmanager data source.
- Click the Edit global config option.
- Add global configuration settings.
- Click Save global config to save your changes.
Note This option is available only for external Alertmanagers. You can configure some global options for Grafana contact types, like email settings, via Grafana configuration
Related Grafana resources
Unify your data with Grafana plugins: Splunk, MongoDB, Datadog, and more
Show how Grafana can be used to take data from multiple different sources and unify it, without disrupting the investments that are working today.
Getting started with Grafana Enterprise and observability
Join the Grafana Labs team for a 30-minute demo of how to get started with the Grafana Stack, so you can go from zero to observability in just a few minutes.