View Grafana server stats
If you are a Grafana server admin, then you can view useful statistics about your Grafana server in the Stats tab.
Note: Only Grafana server admins can access the Server Admin menu. For more information about about admin permissions, refer to Grafana server admin.
View server stats
- Log in to your Grafana server with an account that has the Grafana Admin flag set.
- Hover your cursor over the Server Admin (shield) icon in the side menu and then click the Stats tab.
The following statistics are displayed in the Stats tab:
- Total users Note: Total users = Total admins + Total editors + Total viewers
- Total admins
- Total editors
- Total viewers
- Active users (seen last 30 days) Note: Active users = Active admins + Active editors + Active viewers
- Active admins (seen last 30 days)
- Active editors (seen last 30 days)
- Active viewers (seen last 30 days)
- Active sessions
- Total dashboards
- Total orgs
- Total playlists
- Total snapshots
- Total dashboard tags
- Total starred dashboards
- Total alerts
If a user belongs to several organizations, then that user is counted once as a user in the highest organization role they are assigned, regardless of how many organizations the user belongs to.
For example, if Sofia is a Viewer in two organizations, an Editor in two organizations, and Admin in three organizations, then she would be reflected in the stats as:
- Total users 1
- Total admins 1