Create a service account in Grafana
A service account is a user account that you can use to run automated or compute workloads. For more information about how you can use service accounts, refer to About service accounts.
For more information about creating service accounts via the API, refer to Create service account via API.
Before you begin
- Ensure you have added the feature toggle for service accounts
serviceAccounts. For more information about adding the feature toggle, refer to Enable service accounts.
- Ensure you have permission to create and edit service accounts. By default, the organization administrator role is required to create and edit service accounts. For more information about user permissions, refer to About users and permissions.
To create a service account
- Sign in to Grafana and hover your cursor over the organization icon in the sidebar.
- Click Service accounts.
- Click New service account.
- Enter a Display name.
- The display name must be unique as it determines the ID associated with the service account.
- We recommend that you use a consistent naming convention when you name service accounts. A consistent naming convention can help you scale and maintain service accounts in the future.
- You can change the display name at any time.
- Click Create service account.
Related Grafana resources
Unify your data with Grafana plugins: Splunk, MongoDB, Datadog, and more
Show how Grafana can be used to take data from multiple different sources and unify it, without disrupting the investments that are working today.
Getting started with Grafana Enterprise and observability
Join the Grafana Labs team for a 30-minute demo of how to get started with the Grafana Stack, so you can go from zero to observability in just a few minutes.