Grafana Cloud quickstart guides
Before using any of these quickstart guides, sign up for Grafana Cloud.
To begin, sign up for a Grafana Cloud account or follow these instructions:
- Navigate to https://grafana.com/products/cloud/
- Click Start for free on the banner.
- Follow the instructions to finish setting up your account and access the Cloud Portal.
At any point during your free trial, you’ll have the option to enter your billing information to continue using Grafana Cloud, uninterrupted, while keeping access to all of your data.
You can send metrics to Grafana Cloud in many ways. Use the following quickstart guides to get started with shipping metrics and logs to Grafana Cloud.
- Monitoring a Linux host using the Linux Node integration uses the Grafana Agent to push metrics from a Linux node.
- Monitoring a Linux host using Prometheus and node_exporter uses a combination of Prometheus and the Prometheus node_exporter to push metrics from a Linux node.
- Monitoring a Linux host with Prometheus, Node Exporter, and Docker Compose sets up node-exporter and Prometheus Docker containers to scrape host metrics, all managed by Docker Compose.
- Gathering logs from a Linux host using the Grafana Agent uses the Grafana Agent to push logs from a Linux node to Grafana Cloud’s integrated Loki.
- Gathering logs from a Linux host using Promtail uses Promtail to push logs from a Linux node to Grafana Cloud’s integrated Loki.
The following are not part of this documentation set, but will be helpful to IoT users looking to get started.
- How to connect and monitor your Raspberry Pi with Grafana Cloud uses integrations to push metrics to Grafana Cloud.
- Monitor your Raspberry Pi with Grafana Cloud uses Prometheus to push metrics to Grafana Cloud.
- Install Grafana on Raspberry Pi describes installing and hosting the open source Grafana on an IoT device and provides a good comparison between doing it yourself versus using Grafana Cloud.
- How I built a monitoring system for my avocado plant with Arduino and Grafana Cloud uses a custom program to push metrics to Grafana Cloud.
- Many IoT projects already use Influx Telegraf to gather metrics. For this, you can try the Experimental: Push metrics from Influx Telegraf to Prometheus.
Related Grafana Cloud resources
How to set up and visualize synthetic monitoring at scale with Grafana Cloud
Learn how to use Kubernetes, Grafana Loki, and Grafana Cloud’s synthetic monitoring feature to set up your infrastructure's checks in this GrafanaCONline session.
Using Grafana Cloud to drive manufacturing plant efficiency
This GrafanaCONline session tells how Grafana helps a 75-year-old manufacturing company with product quality and equipment maintenance.