Grafana Kubernetes Monitoring
Grafana Kubernetes Monitoring provides a simplified approach that enables you to monitor your Kubernetes fleet. You can use its rich interface to drill into your data, as well as take advantage of preconfigured dashboards, recording rules, and alert rules. With Kubernetes Monitoring, you can collect and store telemetry data about your infrastructure in Grafana Cloud, including:
- Pod logs
- Cluster events
- Cost metrics
Get started easily by using a simple configuration process with Grafana Agent Flow mode to set up Kubernetes Monitoring.
Other configuration methods
There are many available methods you can use to configure Kubernetes Monitoring for your infrastructure data. Refer to Configure manually for infrastructure.
To configure data about an application running in Kubernetes, refer to Configure manually for applications.
Insight into performance and health
The challenge with gaining insight into the performance and health of a Kubernetes infrastructure is complex and real. Kubernetes Monitoring provides crucial information about your infrastructure with:
- Comprehensive monitoring and visibility
- Advanced warning of usage spikes and increasing error rates
- Insight into usage to optimize resources
- Easier discovery of issues and troubleshooting
- Real-time and predicted costs
- Management and refinement of stored metrics
Rich exploration and drilldown
You can access your data in one platform to explore your infrastructure and analyze the health of your Clusters, Pods, and containers. As you drill down to examine and troubleshoot, you remain within the same Kubernetes Monitoring GUI. To learn more, refer to Explore your infrastructure.
What is out of the box
These features are included with Kubernetes Monitoring:
- Drilling into your data using a single GUI
- Kubernetes home “crow’s nest” view, showing a snapshot of Cluster, node, Pod, and container counts, as well as any issues that need attention
- Efficiency view dedicated to exploring and examining resource usage
- Cost view for you to analyze and manage your infrastructure costs and potential savings
- Preconfigured dashboards for analyzing resource usage and cluster operations, from the multi-cluster level down to individual containers and pods
- Recording rules that increase the speed of dashboard queries and the evaluation of alerting rules
- Alerting rules for alerting on conditions that you want to be informed about
- An event handler to watch for Kubernetes events in your clusters