Slack integration for Grafana Incident
Grafana Incident integrates with your Slack workspace so you and your team can declare, collaborate on, and manage incident-worthy events without leaving Slack. Automatically create incident-specific channels, track the timeline of events, interact with your incident via the Slack bot, and more.
Before you begin
The Grafana Incident Slack app uses org-wide deployment and requires permission to access your Slack workspace to deploy the Slack bot.
To install the Grafana Incident Slack app:
- You must be a Slack workspace owner or admin
- Allow Grafana Incident to access your Slack workspace
Note: Slack has not yet reviewed this app but it is safe to install.
Install Slack integration for Grafana Incident
- From the Grafana Incident Slack integration, click Install Integration.
- Once redirected to Slack, enter your workspace URL and click Continue.
- Enter your Slack credentials and verify the Slack workspace is correct.
- Follow the Slack prompts to allow Grafana Incident to access your Slack workspace and specify a default channel for Grafana Incident to post to, for example, #incidents.
Once you’re redirected back to Grafana Incident, your Slack and Grafana Cloud accounts are automatically linked.
Customize Slack channel prefixes
Prefixes determine the name of automatically created incident channels. For example, if the channel prefix is
incident, the channel name will be
Customizing Slack channel prefixes is optional but helps keep incident channels organized and searchable.
To customize Slack channel prefixes:
- In Grafana Incident, navigate to the Settings tab.
- Navigate to Prefixes at the bottom of the Settings page.
- Click + Add Prefix and provide a name and description.
- Edit any existing prefixes and click Save.
Once your prefixes are defined, you can specify which prefix to use when you declare an incident in Grafana Incident.
Available Slack commands
It can be easy for things to get lost in the chaos of incident response; the
/incident Slack commands allow teams to focus on what’s important and reduce administrative tasks.
/incident Slack commands to run and participate in incidents without leaving Slack. Minimize the number of windows you and your team are switching between, delegate a task with one command and remove the need to update a stakeholder.
Tip: Use the 🤖 robot emoji Slack reaction to add important messages to the incident timeline.
|list of all |
|create new incident|
|create new incident with severity|
|list all active incidents|
|find out who’s involved|
|find an online place to talk|
|get a live inline update|
|set the incident severity|
|update the incident severity to major|
|create, assign and manage tasks|
|more information about tasks|
|add a new task|
|add a new task and assign to @bob|
|view current tasks|
|add and view incident notes|
|more information about notes|
|add a new note|
|view current notes|
|list Grafana stacks|
|set default stack for new incidents|