Atlassian Jira integration for Grafana Incident
The Grafana Incident Jira integration helps you maintain an accurate and reliable Jira Project status during incident response. Link your Jira account to automatically create a Jira bug issue when an incident is declared in Grafana Incident.
Before you begin
- Consider using a Jira service account to install and manage this integration.
- Create an Atlassian API Token from https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/security/api-tokens
Note: This integration is currently in experimental stages.
Install Atlassian Jira integration for Grafana Incident
- From Grafana Incident, navigate to the Integrations tab.
- Click the Jira tile and enter your Atlassian Server URL, Atlassian user email and the Atlassian Personal API Token.
- Click Install Integration.
Note: Enter the raw token (not
<email>:<token>) in the Personal User Access Token field.
After the integration is installed, you can configure actions to automatically create a Jira Issue when an incident is declared.
For Grafana Incident to automatically create a Jira Task Issue, add an event action:
- From the Jira integration, click Run when an event fires.
a. The Jira Project to create issues in.
b. The Issue type to be created (
Task, etc). c. The Incident active (e.g.
In Progressand resolved (e.g
Done) statuses. d. The Action -
Incident is declared.
- Click Add event action.
When an Incident opened, a Jira issue is automatically opened with the active status. When the Incident is marked as Resolved then the Jira issue will automatically transition to the resolved status.