Billing and usage
A detailed breakdown of your monthly usage and estimated bill is available in the Billing/Usage dashboard, which is available by default. On this dashboard, you’ll find:
- Estimates of your total bill for the month, with the amount further broken down between metrics and logs.
- Estimates of your total usage for the month, also broken down between metrics and logs.
One quick way to confirm data ingestion into Grafana Cloud is to look at this Billing and Usage dashboard and zooming into the last 5 minutes to check for current active series usage or logs.
To learn more about the data we use for billing, see What are active series and DPM?
Set an email to receive billing invoices
To select an organization member to receive billing invoices, open the cloud portal.
From the left hand menu, click Members.
In the entry for the member you want to receive invoices, click Update.
In the pop-up that appears, use the drop down to set Receive Billing Email to Yes and click Update Membership.
While the billing dashboard can’t be edited directly, it is possible to clone it in order to make additional modifications, like adding alerts. Alerts are useful for generating notifications to inform you on your data usage. To clone the billing dashboard and to create alerts for it:
- While in the Billing/Usage dashboard, click Dashboard settings (gear icon) in the top right.
- Click Save As in the menu on the left.
- Give your dashboard a name and specify a different folder, if desired.
- Click Save.
- For either the
Total Billable Metrics Seriesor the
Total Billable Logs Usagepanels, click the title bar and select Edit.
- Click the Alert tab.
- From here, you can configure a Grafana panel alert.
Related Grafana Cloud resources
How to set up and visualize synthetic monitoring at scale with Grafana Cloud
Learn how to use Kubernetes, Grafana Loki, and Grafana Cloud’s synthetic monitoring feature to set up your infrastructure's checks in this GrafanaCONline session.
Using Grafana Cloud to drive manufacturing plant efficiency
This GrafanaCONline session tells how Grafana helps a 75-year-old manufacturing company with product quality and equipment maintenance.