Create a Grafana Cloud API key
To interact programmatically with Grafana Cloud, you need an API key with proper permissions.
Note: Only Grafana.com administrators can create or delete API keys. See Grafana Cloud roles and permissions) for more information.
- Log into your Grafana Cloud account to land in the Cloud Portal.
- Select the organization that you want to add an API key to, by selecting from the dropdown in top left.
- Click API Keys from the SECURITY section on the left.
- Click +Add API Key.
- In API Key Name, enter a name for your API key.
- In Role, select the user role to associate with this API key. For example, if you want people or software using this key to only have Viewer role permissions, then select Viewer.
- Click Create API Key.
- A token is created and displayed. Copy the token and store it in a safe place, because it will not be displayed again.
- Click Close when finished.