Billing and usage
A detailed breakdown of your monthly usage and estimated bill is available in the Billing/Usage dashboard, which is available by default. On this dashboard, you’ll find:
- Estimates of your total bill for the month, with the amount further broken down between metrics and logs.
- Estimates of your total usage for the month, also broken down between metrics and logs.
While the billing dashboard can’t be edited directly, it is possible to clone it in order to make additional modifications, like adding alerts. Alerts are useful for generating notifications to inform you on your data usage. To clone the billing dashboard and to create alerts for it:
- While in the Billing/Usage dashboard, click Dashboard settings (gear icon) in the top right.
- Click Save As in the menu on the left.
- Give your dashboard a name and specify a different folder, if desired.
- Click Save.
- For either the
Total Billable Metrics Seriesor the
Total Billable Logs Usagepanels, click the title bar and select Edit.
- Click the Alert tab.
- From here, you can configure a Grafana panel alert.