Grafana Cloud Alerting allows you to manage silences for your alertmanager notifications directly inside of Grafana. This applies to alerting rules created for both Prometheus metrics and Loki logs.
Create a silence
- In Grafana, hover your cursor over the Grafana Cloud Alerting icon and then click Silences.
- Click New silence.
- Enter a date in Start of silence to indicate when the silence should go into effect.
- Enter a date in End of silence to indicate when the silence should expire.
- Enter one or more matchers by filling out the Name and Value fields. Matchers determine which rules the silence will apply to.
- Enter the name of the owner in Creator.
- Enter a Comment.
- To view which rules will be affected by your silence, click Preview alerts.
- Otherwise, when you are finished, click Create
Update an existing silence
You can always update an existing silence by clicking the Edit silence button under the silence.
It is also possible to expire a silence, on-demand, by clicking the Expire silence button under the silence. This will override the original scheduled expiration date of the silence.