Important: This documentation is about an older version. It's relevant only to the release noted, many of the features and functions have been updated or replaced. Please view the current version.
Enable exemplars in GEM
You can enable exemplar storage in Grafana Enterprise Metrics and view the resulting data in Grafana. While exemplars can be enabled for all tenants at once or for only specific tenants, we recommend enabling and enforcing limits for exemplars for only specific tenants.
Adjust per tenant exemplar limits via the UI
- Open the Grafana Enterprise Metrics plugin in your Grafana instance.
- In the tenants’ view, select the tenant where you want to adjust the exemplar limit.
- Click the “edit” icon for the
limit max_global_exemplars_per_userparameter to edit the value. We recommend starting with a relatively low number (10,000) and adjusting it if needed.
The new limit takes effect automatically in all GEM components in five (5) minutes.
Enable exemplars globally
- Open the Grafana Enterprise Metrics configuration file.
- In the limits config section, set the
max_global_exemplars_per_uservalue. We recommend starting with a relatively low number (10,000) and adjusting it if needed.
- Restart all GEM components for the changes to effect.