Grafana Enterprise Metrics documentation Release notes Grafana Enterprise Metrics v2.8 release notes
Version 2.8 release notes
Grafana Labs is excited to announce the release of Grafana Enterprise Metrics (GEM) 2.8, which is built on top of Grafana Mimir 2.8.
GEM 2.8 inherits all of the features, enhancements, and bugfixes that are in the Grafana Mimir 2.8 release. Given this, it’s best to start with the Grafana Mimir 2.8 release notes.
Features and enhancements
- All base Docker images were updated from
- There are no breaking changes in this release of GEM.
This release also inherits the upgrade considerations from the Grafana Mimir 2.8 release.
After you upgrade to GEM 2.8, upgrade your GEM plugin to the latest version. For more information about the most recent enhancements and bugfixes in the GEM plugin, see the Grafana Enterprise Metrics: Changelog.
- Fixed a bug where setting
locationin the alertmanager configuration caused the loading of the configuration to fail.
- Fixed an error parsing
ruler.query_frontendconfiguration block for GEM configuration.
- Updated Go version to 1.20.4 to fix CVE-2023-24538, CVE-2023-24539, CVE-2023-24540, CVE-2023-29400.
- Ruler: fix performance of max rule group enforcement when per-tenant max rule group limits are disabled.
Related resources from Grafana Labs
Additional helpful documentation, links, and articles: