Version 2.6 release notes
Grafana Labs is excited to announce the release of Grafana Enterprise Metrics (GEM) 2.6, which is built on top of Grafana Mimir 2.6.
GEM 2.6 inherits all of the features, enhancements, and bugfixes that are in the Grafana Mimir 2.6 release. Given this, it’s best to start with the Grafana Mimir 2.6 release notes.
Features and enhancements
- The Graphite Querier has experimental support for optional rate limiting at the subquery level. This can be set by the
- The Graphite Querier storage aggregation method set in
storage-aggregation.confcan no longer be overridden during runtime using
consolidateBywhen metrictank is used as a render engine for remote queries.
- The Graphite Querier endpoint
/tags/autoComplete/valuesnow takes input time range into account. Previously only tag values in the last hour were returned.
- Similarly, the Graphite Querier now respects
/tagsendpoints. Though if
untilis greater than the current time, it iss adjusted to the current time. Previously this value was always overwritten by the current time
- The Graphite Querier now supports the
- The number of requests to object storage has been improved in the versioned bucket client.
- All base container images have been updated from
The mimir-distributed Helm chart is now release separately from GEM. See the Grafana mimir-distributed Helm chart documentation for more information including release notes for when 2.6 is included.
- There are no breaking changes in this release of GEM
This release also inherits the upgrade considerations from the Grafana Mimir 2.6 release.
After you upgrade to GEM 2.6, upgrade your GEM plugin to the latest version. For more information about the most recent enhancements and bugfixes in the GEM plugin, see the Grafana Enterprise Metrics: Changelog.