This is documentation for the next version of Enterprise logs. For the latest stable release, go to the latest version.
This section is a collection of all stages Promtail supports in a Pipeline.
- docker: Extract data by parsing the log line using the standard Docker format.
- cri: Extract data by parsing the log line using the standard CRI format.
- regex: Extract data using a regular expression.
- json: Extract data by parsing the log line as JSON.
- replace: Replace data using a regular expression.
- template: Use Go templates to modify extracted data.
- pack: Packs a log line in a JSON object allowing extracted values and labels to be placed inside the log line.
- timestamp: Set the timestamp value for the log entry.
- output: Set the log line text.
- labeldrop: Drop label set for the log entry.
- labelallow: Allow label set for the log entry.
- labels: Update the label set for the log entry.
- static_labels: Add static-labels to the log entry.
- metrics: Calculate metrics based on extracted data.
- tenant: Set the tenant ID value to use for the log entry.
Related Enterprise Logs resources
Grafana Enterprise Logs: Logging with security and scale
Join us for this webinar, which will cover: Challenges with logging as organizations scale and the volume of logs explodes, how Grafana Enterprise Logs enables organizations to make logs available to any team members who need them, features available in GEL and how to get access, a live product demo so you can see GEL for the first time
VIDEO: Watch this first-look demo of the new Grafana Enterprise Logs
Based on Loki, Grafana Enterprise Logs is part of the Grafana Enterprise Stack for composing and scaling observability on your own infrastructure.
Introducing Grafana Enterprise Logs, a core part of the Grafana Enterprise Stack integrated observability solution
Powered by the Loki open source project, the Enterprise Logs offering joins metrics and dashboards in our enterprise-ready stack for self-managed observability.