This section is a collection of all stages Promtail supports in a Pipeline.
- docker: Extract data by parsing the log line using the standard Docker format.
- cri: Extract data by parsing the log line using the standard CRI format.
- regex: Extract data using a regular expression.
- json: Extract data by parsing the log line as JSON.
- replace: Replace data using a regular expression.
- multiline: Merge multiple lines into a multiline block.
- template: Use Go templates to modify extracted data.
- pack: Packs a log line in a JSON object allowing extracted values and labels to be placed inside the log line.
- timestamp: Set the timestamp value for the log entry.
- output: Set the log line text.
- labeldrop: Drop label set for the log entry.
- labelallow: Allow label set for the log entry.
- labels: Update the label set for the log entry.
- static_labels: Add static-labels to the log entry.
- metrics: Calculate metrics based on extracted data.
- tenant: Set the tenant ID value to use for the log entry.
Was this page helpful?
Related resources from Grafana Labs
Additional helpful documentation, links, and articles:
Scaling and securing your logs with Grafana Loki
This webinar covers the challenges of scaling and securing logs, and how Grafana Enterprise Logs powered by Grafana Loki can help, cost-effectively.
Managing privacy in log data with Grafana Loki
Laws for data privacy are complex and rapidly changing. During this webinar, we will show how Grafana Loki can help organizations meet these requirements.