This is archived documentation for 1.2.0. Go to the latest version.
Grafana Enterprise Logs
Grafana Enterprise Logs (GEL) is a commercial offering based on the open source project Loki. The commercial offering allows you to deploy a highly-scalable, simple, and reliable logging cluster in your own data center.
With GEL, you get access to new features:
- Tenant management: Easily scale from one to hundreds of tenants within a single GEL cluster. Each tenant provides an isolated, logical separation of the cluster. Operators have full control over the tenants that are running on their cluster, by either using the built-in API directly or the official GEL plugin.
- Token-based authentication: Create and manage tokens with configurable access parameters to interact with logging tenants.
- OSS Loki compatibility: Seamlessly drop a GEL binary into an existing Loki deployment.
- Label-based access controls (LBAC): Control query access to logs based on label values.
- Cross-tenant query capability: Issue a single query that aggregates results across multiple tenants.
Related Enterprise Logs resources
Grafana Enterprise Logs: Logging with security and scale
Join us for this webinar, which will cover: Challenges with logging as organizations scale and the volume of logs explodes, how Grafana Enterprise Logs enables organizations to make logs available to any team members who need them, features available in GEL and how to get access, a live product demo so you can see GEL for the first time
VIDEO: Watch this first-look demo of the new Grafana Enterprise Logs
Based on Loki, Grafana Enterprise Logs is part of the Grafana Enterprise Stack for composing and scaling observability on your own infrastructure.
Introducing Grafana Enterprise Logs, a core part of the Grafana Enterprise Stack integrated observability solution
Powered by the Loki open source project, the Enterprise Logs offering joins metrics and dashboards in our enterprise-ready stack for self-managed observability.