Hi folks, Ward Bekker here from the Solutions Engineering team. I recently published another Loki video that I’m excited to share with you.
Loki doesn’t index your logs, and that is a very different approach from popular full-text search engines like Elasticsearch or Solr.
That sounds like a huge constraint. How can you do powerful searches if you don’t index the log lines? In this short 3-minute video, I’ll show how you can perform effective Loki troubleshooting queries — without an index!
After this video, you will know how to use Loki’s “filter” capabilities for forensic troubleshooting.
Want to learn more about getting the most out of Loki? Check out these blog posts:
- How to escape special characters with Loki’s LogQL
- Transform logs as you’re querying them, and set up alerts within Loki
- An (only slightly technical) introduction to Loki, the Prometheus-inspired open source logging system
- How to create fast queries with Loki’s LogQL to filter terabytes of logs in seconds
- All the non-technical advantages of Loki: reduce costs, streamline operations, build better teams
If you’re interested in trying Loki, you can install it yourself or get started in minutes with Grafana Cloud. We’ve just announced new free and paid Grafana Cloud plans to suit every use case — sign up for free now.