Grafanistas prioritize an open and inclusive culture at Grafana, and we strive to bring diverse perspectives to the table to come up with the best ideas. We’re building a company where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay, and to do their best work. We believe this will create the best results. Diversity drives innovation, and that innovation drives our success.
Come sit at our table
In 2020, we set up a Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging Advisory Group, which brings together members of the team from across our company and from across the globe to help us set our D&I strategy and drive actions across our organization.
We also ran a company-wide engagement survey asking five key questions to help us assess our progress in creating an inclusive culture. There is always more work for us to do, but we’re pleased to have a baseline to start building on. Here are our results and how we performed against industry benchmarks:
Representation is a measure for diversity;
the team member experience is a measure of inclusion.
- I feel like I belong at Grafana Labs - 89% (benchmark is 80%)
- I can voice a contrary opinion without fear of negative consequences - 91% (benchmark is 70%)
- Perspectives like mine are included in decision making - 83% (benchmark is 60%)
- My company believes that people can greatly improve their talents and abilities - 91% (benchmark is 82%)
- Administrative tasks that don’t have a specific owner are fairly divided - 60% (benchmark is 56%)
Questions and benchmarks were adapted from a Culture Amp study.
Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
ERGs bring together employees and allies who represent the unique experiences, perspectives, and ideas of our diverse global team. ERGs serve to advance the development of their members, promote cultural awareness, and support our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Grafana Cycling ERG
We contribute towards the mental and physical health of Grafana Labs employees, in addition to being a social ERG. The Grafana Cycling ERG is open to everyone whether their interest is in cycling themselves or enjoying watching competitive cycling. We hope to use the network within the ERG to organize rides during off sites, conferences or company summits.
We want to create a safe and supportive environment for neurodiverse Grafanistas.
GAPI - Grafana Asian Pacific and Islanders ERG
To help Asians in Grafana be their best versions of themselves for the company and for the extended community. We’re aiming to do this by:
- Advocating and developing GAPIs
- Cultural Pride and Celebration
- Social Justice and Give Back
Although the ERG is mainly be focused on topics related to GAPIs, it is open to anyone who is interested in learning more about the different cultures within the community. For example, Managers who have GAPIs in their team who want to be able to better understand the different perspectives and upbringings that some of us have.
Technologists with Marginalised Genders (TMG)
The mission and purpose of TGM is to provide opportunities for sharing and connecting with one another and to overcome any internal or external effects of marginalization. Our focus is on people with marginalized genders at Grafana who are in R+D or who otherwise self identify as a technologist.
- Open to grafanistas whose gender or gender history is marginalized within tech, such as:
- All women technologists (trans, non-binary, and cis)
- All trans technologists (trans women, trans men, and trans non-binary folks)
- All non-binary technologists (including GNC, gender-fluid, genderqueer, agender folks, etc)
Womxn in GTM
A safe environment to help us thrive in the client-facing (and highly competitive job) as well as get support within the group. A place for us to celebrate and share our perspectives and journeys. A place to help others understand where we’re coming from. Advocacy for WIS talent - current and future Grafanistas.